About this blog

I am studying in Hong Kong for fourteen months, and will blog here about my adventures.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chinese calligraphy














Today we met some of the Chinese IBCE students and had lunch together at the Orchid lounge. The food was delicious, especially the eggplant and their mango dessert.

Then they taught us a bit about Chinese calligraphy and we practiced writing our names in Chinese (picture in the middle). We also learned how to write the schools name in Chinese characters as well (pictured on left). As a souvenir they let us keep our writing brushes (or as they are called in Mandarin, maobi) as well as the ink cartridge.

As for my Chinese name, it's pronounced Ka-mei-rou and you read it from

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about not finishing the last sentence. It should say read it from top to bottom like in traditional Chinese calligraphy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cam! Glad you arrived safely. I certainly feel that China is in good hands with you there learning the culture and all the fun things. I know this will be a great experience.

    So glad to know I can follow you without having to wait on G'ma D to keep me informed.

    Know we'll be praying for your safely and happy experiences. Love you - Aunt Marsha & Uncle Sid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cams,
    I have been posting comments, but I can't seem to find them. Maybe I did something wrong when I opened up my site. Anyway, I hope this gets through.
    I'm leaving tomorrow for Kansas City, so I may not have access to a computer while I'm there. I hope you are doing well and that your classes are going as you want.
    I'll read your blog again in about a week or so.
    Love, Grandmother Diane

    ReplyDelete